- Faulty, Damaged or Incorrect Goods
- If you think there is something wrong with your Goods you must contact our Customer Services Team via email at [email protected] or via telephone on +447507 703857. We honour our legal duty to provide you with Goods that are as described to you on our Website and that meet all the requirements imposed by law as explained below. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.citizensadvice.org.uk. Remember too that you have several options for resolving disputes with us.
- The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says that goods must be of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose, as described at the time of purchase, in accordance with any pre-contract information we have provided, and that match any samples that you have seen (unless we have made you aware of any differences).
- During the expected lifespan of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following;
- Up to 30 days: if your Goods are faulty or damaged, then you can get a refund.
- Up to six months: if your Goods can’t be repaired or replaced, then you’re entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
- Up to six years: you may be entitled to some money back.
- Any defect or non-conformity of Goods which becomes apparent within the 6 months of delivery are presumed to have existed at the time of delivery. After the expiry of this 6-month period and up to a limit of 6 years, the burden to prove that the defect or non-conformity of the Goods existed on delivery is your responsibility.
- If the Goods you have purchased do not comply and, for example, are damaged when you receive them, please contact us as soon as reasonably possible to inform us of the fault, damage or error, take a photograph of the damage, send to [email protected]
- To return the Goods to us for any reason under this clause, please contact us to arrange for the return. We will be fully responsible for the costs of returning the Goods under this clause and will reimburse you where appropriate.
- Cancelling and Returning the Goods if You Change Your Mind
- If you are a Consumer in United Kingdom, you have a legal right to a “cooling-off” period where you can change your mind about your purchase and receive a refund of what you paid for it, including the delivery costs where Goods have already been delivered.
- You cannot change your mind about an Order if the Goods were made to your specifications or are clearly personalised including but not limited to Goods that may have been engraved or embossed.
- If you change your mind about the Goods you must let us know no later than 14 calendar days after the day on which you (or someone you nominate) receive(s) the Goods or can do so anytime before we have processed the Order and arranged delivery.
- To let us know you want to change your mind, contact our Customer Service Team via email at [email protected] or via telephone on +447507 703857 or fill in the online form. Cancellation by email is effective from the date on which you send us your message.
- Goods must only be returned to:
Brooklands Watch Company
Howland Road Business Park
- To return the Goods you must follow the following steps
- contact our Customer Service Team via email at [email protected] or by telephone on +447507 703857.
- You may choose to either use our pick-up service and agree on a pick-up date with our logistics partner or drop off the Goods at any of our logistic partner’s network location no more than 14 calendar days after the day on which you informed us of your wish to cancel.
- We will send you a return form by e-mail if one was not enclosed with the Goods when delivered.
- You must complete the form and seal the delivery package ensuring that the completed form along with the Goods, all its accessories, any free gifts you received as part of your Goods, the service guide, the warranty card and all other documents are in the original box and affix the prepaid delivery return label.
- Whether you have opted for the drop off service or for our logistics partner to pick-up the Goods, you will be given a receipt with a return tracking number that should be kept until we have confirmed to you that we have received the Goods.
- You have to return the Goods at your own cost unless we offered you free returns when you bought the Goods, and you may return the Goods to us by Royal Mail or another established delivery service of your choice. If you do this you should keep a receipt or other evidence from the delivery service that proves you have sent it and when you sent it. We highly recommend you use recorded delivery or a similar premium service.
- If you don’t have your proof of delivery and we don’t receive the Goods at all or within a reasonable time we won’t refund you the price.
- Refunds will be issued to you within 14 calendar days from the day on which we receive the Goods back or informed us of your wish to cancel if the Goods have not yet been processed for delivery.
- Refunds may be reduced for any diminished value in the Goods resulting from your excessive handling of them. If you handle the Goods in a way which would not be acceptable in-store, we reduce your refund to compensate us for its reduced value. For example, we reduce your refund if the Goods condition is not “as new”, price tags or stickers have been removed, the Goods packaging is damaged, or accessories or documents are missing. In some cases, because of the way you have treated the Goods, no refund may be due. Our Customer Service Team can advise you on whether we’re likely to reduce your refund.
- We will refund standard delivery charges in full as part of your refund. However, we cannot refund any extra you have paid for express delivery or delivery at a particular time.
- Refunds will be made using the same payment method that you used when ordering the Goods.
- To return the Goods you must follow the following steps
All our watches come with a 2-year guarantee at no added cost. If you choose to register for My Brooklands for your watch, you may qualify for an extended warranty.
We guarantee the functioning of all watches for a period of two years from the date of purchase only if the watch has been sold by Brooklands Watch Company online or by an Official Brooklands Watch Company Retailer;
Your guarantee won’t cover:
- normal wear-and-tear
- loss, theft, or damage due to misuse.
- accidental damage, for example if your watch has been dropped. You may find that this type of damage is covered by your household contents insurance policy.
- Cosmetic damage such as trim, scratches, dents, corrosion or colour where the function of the watch is unaffected
The substitution of components with, or the addition of, components or accessories not manufactured by Brooklands Watch Company will invalidate the guarantee.
The guarantee is only valid if:
- the guarantee card has been completed in full by Brooklands Watch Company or a Official Retailer at the time of purchase;
- the guarantee card is presented with the watch, either to Brooklands Watch Company or to an Official Brooklands Watch Company Retailer; and
- any work has been carried out by Brooklands Watch Company. Work carried out by third parties will render the guarantee null and void.
Nothing in this warranty is intended to or will limit your legal rights as a Consumer under any consumer protection legislation, where applicable. For more details of your legal rights, please refer to your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
By registering for My Brooklands, you will have the opportunity to apply for an extension of the standard warranty by a further 36 months (the “Warranty Extension”). You can apply for the Warranty Extension at any time during your participation in My Brooklands whilst your original 2-year Brooklands Watch Company Warranty is still valid.